Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 9 - 3 Pots of Potatoes

I managed to get on the roof today and pot up 3 pots of potatoes (one round potato and two of the fingerlings) ... I used compost like the video a post or two back suggested so we'll see. It is supposed to rain today, tomorrow and the next day so that should give them a good start. I used 100% cotton pillowcases from Value Village - a nice heavy green one and two fleecey beige ones for the fingerlings and I put them into large cardboard pots (where I originally got them from I'll never remember) ... they've been up there since forever and I've been meaning to put them out in the recycle but they are the last things on my list and each year I conk out before they get brought down.

I also decided to bring the left over eggplants and peppers to the garden to plant them in the original tomato patch since it still had room.

No comments:

Post a Comment